One of the most common requests is for better moderation features built into the TalkJS dashboard. We're delighted to release the first of those new moderation tools!
After selecting a conversation from the activity viewer in the dashboard, you can now edit properties like its subject, photo, and welcome messages. If you want to get rid of the conversation completely, deleting all messages and removing it from the inbox's conversation list, you can do that too.
We've also given you much more control over what content is automatically suppressed in chats, and allowed you to specify the replacement text. So if you want to ban phone numbers but allow links, you can! If that's not enough, you can even specify your own patterns to be suppressed.
- Create + delete users, and choose which conversations they are in
- Edit user properties like name, email address, and phone number
- Edit + delete everyone's messages, and send messages as specific users
Is there anything we're missing that would help you moderate conversations? Get in touch and let us know! Leave a comment below, get in touch via our live chat, or email email@example.com
It has been 3 months since our last changelog, so read on to learn about everything else we've been working on behind the scenes. First a few smaller features and changes you might have noticed:
- All plans now let you have more guests in a conversation: up to 300 for the basic plan and 1250 on growth, using super group chats
- When sending a message with the REST API, you can send it as a reply to another message using the referencedMessageId parameter
- We added a quickstart guide for Svelte and updated the React guide to show both Functional and Class components
- We updated to a fancy new set of icons, so your chats will look better than ever
- We completely redesigned our website and it's gorgeous!
With your help, we tracked down and fixed a lot of little bugs, like:
- Specifying the conversation photo as a relative path like photo.jpg will be relative to your website rather than talkjs.com
- On mobile, the popup close button is normal size again
- When uploading a very tall image, the preview dialog doesn't extend off the top of the screen any more
And my favourite customer-reported bug: A kind Spanish user explained that the word Save should be translated to Guardar and not SaveGuardarThe 😂
However, our main focus since last time has been on improving the performance and stability of our servers. It's all a bit too technical to discuss here, but keep an eye out on our blog for posts taking a technical deep-dive into the improvements.
The important part is that our servers run faster, return less errors, and experience less downtime. We're not done yet, but we're confident that your TalkJS experience will be better than ever.
We're excited to be working on more user-visible features again, and hope you're excited too! Please do get in touch and let us know what you want to see in TalkJS this year, because everything we do is driven by your feedback!