Edit participant data from dashboard, improved previews, and more
Edit participant data directly from your dashboard
You can now edit the data of any participant in a conversation directly from your TalkJS dashboard.
To edit a participant’s data, go to the Activity section of the dashboard. From the Conversation history section of the activity landing page, select a conversation that contains the participant whose details you would like to edit. A page with conversation details will open. Click on the name of the participant whose details you would like to edit to open their User details page.
User details page with the option to edit a conversation participant’s data
You can edit any participant detail apart from the
ID, which acts as a stable, unique identifier of the participant.
Image previews resize to fit aspect ratio
Image or video files now have improved thumbnail previews. Instead of cropping an image to fit, the preview thumbnail will resize to match the aspect ratio of the message attachment you sent.
Image previews automatically resize to fit the aspect ratio of the file you sent
If you have previously edited the
MessageBody component in your theme, you can follow the upgrade guide to add full support for improved attachment thumbnails.
Overview of other changes
- Added bulleted list formatting to messages. You can now type
-at the start of a new line, and your unordered list will automatically be formatted with bullet points in the sent message.
- Added an unread message counter to the Default Dark theme.
- Added support for playing MPEG transport stream (MPEG-TS) audio or video files (
.m2t). When you upload an MPEG-TS file, a preview with player options will automatically appear.
- Made various improvements to exporting a conversation transcript: the transcript export progress is calculated more accurately; download links have improved; the sender ID will be added to the transcript export; a date string will be used in the exported file name.
- Fixed a bug where users who had been removed from a conversation were still able to reply to that conversation via email.
- Fixed a bug in the JS SDK where a rapid sequence of creating and destroying a chatbox would crash the chat.
- Fixed an error where, on the Activity view of the dashboard, it was not possible to delete a conversation.
- Fixed a bug where, on the Activity view of the dashboard, the participants dropdown would disappear after opening.
- Fixed an issue where the chat would crash when changing between chats while replying to a message.
- Fixed an issue where
@mentionswould break when they contained markup.
- Fixed an issue in the accuracy of the unread message counter.
- Fixed an issue where conversation participants with read permissions were not able to mark a conversation as read.
syncThemeForLocalDevin the JS SDK. Instead of using this method, you can use custom themes, which give you full control over the HTML and CSS of chat messages.