Customizable theme components and powerful feed filters
Customizable theme components
The theme editor in your TalkJS dashboard lets you tailor the look and feel of the TalkJS user interface to match your brand style. You can edit the default theme directly, or create your own theme from scratch.
Each theme comes with a large number of customizable theme components. This includes top-level components such as the chat header at the top of a chat, the user message, and the message field in which users can type messages, or send attachments and voice recordings. It also includes subcomponents that are rendered by a top level component in a theme, such as the user’s avatar and the typing indicator that shows when a user is typing.
Examples of customizable theme components
We’re continuously expanding the range of components that you can customize. Additional UI components will be available to edit soon.
Powerful feed filters
If you’re using the Inbox pre-built chat UI, you can customize which conversations show up in the conversation list of the user's inbox by using conversation list filters.
A conversation list with only conversations related to job applications
For example, you can set up a filter to show only conversations with unread messages, conversations that were created or updated within a specific time frame, or only conversations that match a specific string. On top of that, you can filter on specific custom properties, or combine multiple filters all at once.
Overview of other changes
- React SDK (version 0.1.5): Changed to output ES2015.
- Fixed a bug in the
team_chatpreset theme which caused the
MessageFieldlayout to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where autoscroll would behave incorrectly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where, on iOS, replying to a message would focus the
MessageFieldbut not resize the
MessageList, with the result that the keyboard would cover both the
- Fixed an issue where, when replying to a message that contains a list, the body of the quoted message would be rendered incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the message action menu button would stay visible when moving the mouse fast.
- React Native SDK (version 0.7.1): Fixed a regression that would occur when selecting a conversation while onSelectConversation isn’t given. In this scenario, selecting a conversation will now show the TalkJS Inbox Mobile view.
- React Native SDK (version 0.7.1): Fixed a bug where notifications not sent by TalkJS would be displayed twice.
New guides and tutorials
- How to integrate a chatbot into your TalkJS chat with the OpenAI API
- How to add a custom typing indicator for a chatbot
👋 Thoughts? Questions? Get in touch.
👩🏾💻We’re hiring! Check out our jobs page.