We just added Link Previews to TalkJS.
For most websites, the preview will show the title and a description of the page, but for media sites like YouTube, we'll embed the media right inside the message.
If you haven't made any changes to the UserMessage or SystemMessage component of the theme you use in TalkJS, they should start working automatically. If you did already change these templates, head over to our docs to learn how to add link previews to your theme.
Improvements to the Flutter SDK
The Flutter SDK also has some new goodies in store:
- The Chatbox and ConversationList widget now accepts an onLoadingStateChanged parameter, which can notify you when the widget's content has fully loaded.
- The Chatbox widget now takes an onCustomMessageAction handler, which you can use to respond when the user triggers custom message actions.
- Fixed a scrolling issue when the Chatbox widget is placed in a bottom sheet.
Easily Set Up a Custom Domain for Emails 📧
For a long time now, TalkJS has let you use your own domain for sending emails, and handling email replies, but up until recently, this required contacting support. Now, you can easily do this yourself.
To add a custom email domain, click the account menu in the top right of the TalkJS dashboard, then click "Email domains". After adding the domain, click "details". You'll see some instructions on how to set up the necessary DNS records. Lastly, you'll want to go to the Settings page of your dashboard, and under Email Domain, select the domain you just added.
We've fixed several bugs since our last changelog entry, including:
- Fixed an issue where flag emoji wouldn't show up on Windows in most browsers
- Fixed an issue where in dark themes, the scroll bar wasn't visible.
- Fixed an issue where we sometimes sent the same email notification multiple times