2 years ago
Faster, better, more secure
Added: You can now run TalkJS on a custom subdomain (eg
chat.yourcompany.com). This way, no network requests go to talkjs.com at all. (Enterprise plan only - get in touch if you're interested).
- The Chat UI got much faster 🚀. It's snappier and uses less battery than before.
- Made it possible to run TalkJS with a stricter Content-Security-Policy (docs)
- "Send message" REST API endpoint now returns message IDs in the response payload
- Made dashboard "Role editor" navigation clearer and easier to use
- Sending a large message would not always scroll the message list down to the bottom correctly.
- Inbox Feed Filters would sometimes not show sufficient data in the conversation list, or the "load more" button would be unavailable
showChatHeader: falsewas ignored in some cases, making it impossible to hide the header.
- In the enlarged shared image view, the close button would display as "â¨¯" and not as "X" (on sites/apps that did not use UTF-8 encoding)
- Email attachment file sizes were sometimes incorrectly reported in the Chat UI
- CSS syntax errors in the Theme Editor could break the Chat UI without an actionable error. Now, it shows a useful error in the devtools console.