TalkJS updates for 15 July 2023
This changelog entry reflects changes to TalkJS introduced between 12 June 2023 and 15 July 2023.
You now have two new fields available in the user's conversations REST API endpoint that will provide further insight into a user's unread messages. The
unreadMessageCount field in the
Conversation object will allow you to retrieve the number of unread messages a user has in a conversation. This will help in tailoring badges for the user interface.
isUnread property indicates whether the conversation has been read by the user or not.
isUnread offers a convenient way to determine the read status of the conversation.
Check out the updated REST API documentation for more information and usage examples.
Export conversation data from dashboard
Exporting conversation data doesn’t need to be a hassle. You can now export conversation data from your dashboard with just a click.
To export conversation data, go to the Activity view on the dashboard. Select a conversation, and then click Export Conversation Data. You can save a transcript as a text file, or export all the relevant data as a JSON object.
The dashboard button to export conversation data as .txt or .json files
Overview of other changes
- Added several methods to
Chatboxin the React Native SDK:
getCurrentConversation, to retrieve the conversation currently shown in the UI;
onCustomConversationAction, which triggers when a user launches a custom action on a conversation within the TalkJS UI;
onLeaveConversation, which triggers when the user clicks the Leave conversation action; and
sendLocation, which sends the user's current location to the currently active conversation.
- Added the
NotificationPressedEventin the React Native SDK, which indicates whether the user pressed the notification while the app was in the foreground or not.
- Added a
ConversationBuilderin the React Native SDK, which removes the current user from the conversation.
- Added support for passing data to themes in both the
ConversationListlayouts in the React Native SDK.
- Added Catalan (
ca) to the list of languages available for localization of the TalkJS interface. A massive thank you and credit to Relab Studio for providing the translation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Firebase Dynamic Links from generating link previews.
- Fixed an issue which disabled zooming in when clicking the
MessageFieldon iOS for the React Native SDK.
- Fixed a bug that prevented handling notifications in the background on Android for the React Native SDK.
- Fixed a bug where the app would not open when a notification was clicked on Android for the React Native SDK.
- Fixed a bug where dismissed notifications were not being removed from the internal list of active notifications on Android for the React Native SDK.
- Fixed an issue in the theme editor where navigation links in test mode would link to live mode, instead of to test mode.
- Made the WebView transparent in the React Native SDK. With a transparent WebView, the background color you have applied to the parent
Viewwill be used in the empty areas around the TalkJS UI.
- Changed the type of the
ConversationDatain the React Native SDK.
- Upgraded dependencies for the React Native SDK.
- Improved various UX aspects of the dashboard’s themes page, including improvements to the layout and dropdown menus, as well as adding the options to delete custom files, hide built-in (non-top-level) files, and reset a file to the preset version.