@mentions in TalkJS are here!
You can now mention any participant in a conversation by typing @ followed by their name. Once you've typed the at-symbol, a menu will come up so you can quickly select the person you're looking for.
With the addition of mentions also comes a new option for notifications. When adding/updating a participant to a conversation, you can now set the "notify" option to "MentionsOnly" to only be notified when someone mentions the user. You can learn more about the different notification settings in our documentation on participants.
- Added a sendFile method to all widgets to send a file to the current conversation.. You can pass it a Blob to upload a specific file directly from your application. If you don't specify a file, the file picker dialog will open, so the user can pick a file to upload.
- Added a sendLocation method to all widgets. It will send the user's current location in the current conversation.
Note that both methods still open the confirmation dialog, so the user can confirm or cancel sending the message.
- Added an onKeyDown method to all widgets.
React Native SDK TalkJS for React Native v0.4.0
With this release, we have updated the SDK's dependencies and peer dependencies to keep them up to date and also fix bugs in some of them. As of npm v7, peer dependencies are installed by default so upgrading the TalkJS SDK should also upgrade the peer dependencies accordingly. For yarn users, you may have to update the packages individually as shown:
yarn upgrade @notifee/react-native@^5.3.0 @react-native-community/push-notification-ios@^1.10.1 @react-native-firebase/app@^14.11.0 @react-native-firebase/messaging@^14.11.0 react-native-webview@^11.21.2
These libraries are defined as peer dependencies rather than dependencies since they contain native code and currently, React Native does not auto link transitive dependencies.
The new version of the notifee library also eliminates the need to add the local maven repository manually to your project. You can remove the section below. (Your app will still build and run if you don't remove it)
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where certain sequences could of numbers and symbols could be incorrectly treated as phone numbers, meaning they would be turned into links or suppressed by contact info suppression.
- Fixed an issue where the scroll position was not maintained properly when the on-screen keyboard opened.
- Fixed an issue where quickly switching between conversations on a slow network could cause an error.
- Fixed an issue in Safari where message parsing could cause an error.
- Our dashboard should now give more useful errors for invalid APNS certificates
- Guests can now delete messages in conversations, if their role grants them to necessary permissions.
- Screen readers should now be able to better announce emoji in messages
- Fixed an issue where push notifications on IOS didn't have a sound
- Fixed an issue where the activity pag'e on the dashboard wouldn't load for certain customers with a lot of conversations
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bar wasn't visible on dark themes